A weighted blanket is a therapeutic blanket that is made with weights to provide proprioceptive input to the body. Proprioceptive input means awareness of one’s body position in space. The effect is similar to when you swaddle a baby.
Weighted Blankets Can Help Those With
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Asperger syndrome
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Down’s Syndrome
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- And more!
What can a Weighted Blanket do for you?
- Help you or your child sleep through the night
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Ease restlessness and irritability in the elderly
- Prevent or short-circuit a meltdown
- Improve focus
- Ease transitions