The special type of PUL fabric we stock is breathable, so the wearer stays cool and comfy. All of our PUL fabric at SensaCalm is the EcoPULTM brand a highquality, made in USA PUL fabric. Read on to learn why PUL fabric by EcoPULTM is a smart choice for the environment and for you.
EcoFriendly PUL fabric by EcoPULTM
- PUL fabric by EcoPULTM starts with lightweight polyester interlock (knit) fabric. The polyester fabric is paired with TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane), a thin stretchy plastic film. These two components are bonded together into a single fabric using a combination of heat, pressure, and adhesive.
- PUL fabric by EcoPULTM is made with a “green” adhesive that is solventfree, environmentally friendly, and releases no volatile organics. Some people have called this newer type of PUL “TPU.”
- EcoPULTM is made in the USA. 73% polyester 27% polyurethane. 153 gsm.
You may see laminated cotton woven or knit fabrics available on the market we do not recommend cotton PUL, as it is difficult to achieve a truly waterproof finished product.
Benefits of PUL Fabric by EcoPULTM
The most important characteristic of EcoPULTM is that it forms a waterproof barrier, while still being breathable. In this context, breathable does not mean that you can hold the fabric over your face and breathe through it. It means that the fabric releases heat and water vapor. This keeps the wearer comfortable. Our PUL fabric has a soft hand, making it quiet never stiff or crackly.
EcoPULTM fabric is washable in hot water in commercial or home laundry. It resists abrasion, is fire retardant, and antimicrobial.
Washing Instructions for PUL Fabric Care:
- Machine wash warm or hot
- Dry low
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- No bleach, vinegar, or oxytype products, (Bleach, vinegar, and Oxyclean products are harsh and over time can damage your PUL. Please use regular or HE laundry detergent only.)
- EcoPULTM can withstand plenty of use and the repeated hot washing
- PUL should not be dried on HIGH heat in a dryer, very high air heat can cause PUL to wear prematurely, warp or melt.
We recommend drying on low.